Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. If I could only have one meal a day it would be breakfast. Here are a few of my favourites, from the quick and easy to the more extravagant and elaborate for those long lazy weekends or when entertaining, enjoy.
- Mushroom, Onion and Baby Spinach Omelette
Mushroom, Onion and Baby Spinach Omelette
- Sharp Knife
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red Onion, thinly sliced
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a heavy based fry pan on medium heat add sliced onionsuntil soft and translucent.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté until they are a glossydark cream colour and starting to soften.
- Turn the heat down and add the crushed garlic and a largehandful of baby spinach stirring until the spinach is wilted and the garlic is aromatic.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and swish aroundensuring the egg mixture is all around and covering the pan base.
- Continue to cook on low until the top is set andthe sides are easy to lift from the pan. Season with salt and pepper, fold inhalf and serve.